Grant Thornton LLP Help Desk Business/Systems Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * A Business/Systems Analyst must have experience and knowledge of databases with SQL querying/troubleshooting to aid Tier 2 application help desk/technical support. * The BA/SA must have experience working with and analyzing business requirements (epics, user stories, process flows etc.) in an Agile capacity and be familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle. * The BA/SA must have experience in working with customer/enhancements/change requests supporting design, development, implementation and technical support of web sites/pages/applications. * The BA/SA will need to support the application end users as the product evolves and is enhanced based on customer feedback. * We are looking for a BA with excellent communication skills who can work with key stakeholders/customers to provide technical support and assist with prioritization of requirements backlogs for rapid development. * The BA/SA will be required to learn various software tools including Rational Team Concert (RTC). * Address all Tier 2 tickets generated for application repository support. * Address all tickets that are assigned to Tier 2 by the enterprise service desk. * Provide receipt response regarding the tickets to the end user. * Analyze issue. * Provide resolution guidance to the user within response time window. * Obtain information for resolution and close ticket. * After thorough analysis, if the issue remains and is regarded as a defect, enhancement or functional issue, follow the escalation process to assign to Tier 3. * Application Administration * Application Troubleshooting * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- For this position, experience and knowledge of Healthcare, the Department of Veterans Affairs and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online platform support is a plus.
- 5 years and BA degree in computer science/other tech discipline is required.
- Extensive experience in working with customer requirements/change requests - supporting creation of web sites/applications and providing technical database/systems support (e.g., tier 2 help desk) (Mandatory)
- Application Administration (Mandatory)
- Application Troubleshooting (Mandatory)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Help Desk Business/Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 041722