Grant Thornton LLP Financial Management SME in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Perform detailed analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and design effective solutions for a variety of client issues. * Utilize various data collection techniques, selecting the appropriate method and prioritization to fit project objectives and deliverables, and applying established analytical models to evaluate data, costs and benefits. * Assist the government with financial management operations & budget analysis. * Support the Government in monitoring and coordinating program resource allocations. * Ensure cohesive agency-wide program development. * Assist with resource management oversight. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI clearance required along with a Current and favorable FS polygraph
- A minimum of 3 years experience in governmental accounting with 2 years in Intelligence Community
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform quantitative analysis and develop business cases.
- Application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in audit remediation a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Financial Management SME
Requisition ID: 042025
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs