Grant Thornton LLP ETSI – IT Strategic Sourcing Experienced Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Enterprise Technology Strategy and Innovation – IT Strategic Sourcing Experienced Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our Advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Enterprise Technology Strategy and Innovation (ETSI) is the newest business line in the Advisory practice. Our practice is dedicated to advising CIOs and technology leaders, and helping them navigate the ever-changing digital landscape as a true business partner in the C-suite. The ETSI team consists of highly skilled subject matter experts in Enterprise Technology Strategy, Information Technology Service Management, Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions, IT Strategic Sourcing and Technology Resource Effectiveness who bring dedicated focus to the business of technology. The ETSI business line partner with our clients to cut through the clutter, ask the hard questions, and provide innovative and customized solutions that drive value and build trust.
This is an Experienced Manager position within our IT Strategic Sourcing service line where we are focused on enabling IT organizations to access supplier innovation and drive quality outcomes for IT programs and projects. This area supports the full IT lifecycle which includes applying industry knowledge and experience to: Enterprise Sourcing Strategy & Innovation, Strategic Sourcing Governance, Category Management, Supplier Performance Management, and Contract Value Realization & Management
The Experienced Manager leads the project teams that deliver advisory services to clients. You are responsible for delivering the assigned projects on-time and on-budget, managing quality control, while maintaining (and building) client relationships. You will coach and develop junior staff and project team members in alignment with the ETSI practice strategy. As a member of the ETSI team, you will participate in solution set development, and collateral development..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Maintains currency on the emerging technologies, processes and practices that need to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the IT Strategic Sourcing solution set so that ETSI can respond to the needs of the CIO * Supports the mission and vision of the IT Strategic Sourcing practice to foster business-oriented culture and mindset. * Leads IT Strategic Sourcing project teams in the assessment of external market and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning * Enhances the capabilities of the IT Strategic Sourcing sub-practice by leveraging a multitude of resources, both internally and externally. * Supports client teams through the assessment, policy development, standards, guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation of the Enterprise Sourcing Strategy & Innovation, Strategic Sourcing Governance, IT Category Management Strategy, Supplier & Contract Value Realization & Management, Strategic Partner Relationship Planning & Implementation roadmap, Supplier Performance Management, and Sourcing Execution Strategy. * Supports client teams through the development and implementation of IT Strategic Sourcing Financial Management models, methodology and metrics. * Maintains a good working relationship with clients and works effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services. * Communicates (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence. * Works closely with Grant Thornton leadership to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues. * Provides expertise in at least two or more IT Strategic Sourcing service offerings (Enterprise Sourcing Strategy & Innovation, Strategic Sourcing Governance, Category Management, Supplier Performance Management, and Contract Value Realization & Management). Leverages that expertise to participate in webcasts, proposal writing, whitepapers, conference and/or other material development. * Motivates project team members to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered. * Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the project team members and staff. * Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Data Science or STEM related field.
- 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- Proven experience and demonstrated capability in developing and implementing IT Strategic Sourcing transformational solutions in complex and dynamic environments
- Prior relevantStrategic Sourcingconsulting experience required
- Experience with Life Sciences, Financial Services, Healthcare, or Manufacturing preferred
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel 50-70%
Knowledge / Skills
- ITIL Foundational certification required; ITIL Service Strategy certification preferred.
- Proven experience in conductingassessments, developing recommendations and implementing results in one or more of the following areas is required: o Enterprise Sourcing Strategy & Innovation, o Strategic Sourcing Governance, o IT Category Management, o Supplier & Contract Value Realization & Management, o Strategic Partner Relationship Planning & Implementation, o Supplier Performance Management, o Sourcing Execution Strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire their team.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge in IT Strategic Sourcing technologies.
- Ability to identify and leverage resources internally and externally to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that drive the client and Grant Thornton business.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: ETSI – IT Strategic Sourcing Experienced Manager
Requisition ID: 040478