Grant Thornton LLP ETSI Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Enterprise Technology Strategy and Innovation – Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions Experienced Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our Advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Enterprise Technology Strategy and Innovation (ETSI) is the newest business line in the Advisory practice. Our practice is dedicated to advising CIOs and technology leaders, and helping them navigate the ever-changing digital landscape as a true business partner in the C-suite. The ETSI team consists of highly skilled subject matter experts in Enterprise Technology Strategy, Information Technology Service Management, Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions, IT Strategic Sourcing and Technology Resource Effectiveness who bring dedicated focus to the business of technology. The ETSI business line partner with our clients to cut through the clutter, ask the hard questions, and provide innovative and customized solutions that drive value and build trust.
This is an Experienced Manager position within our Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions service line where we use Digital Innovation and Delivery to create business focused technical models that quickly increase innovation, adoption and alignment. The objective is to deliver cutting edge solutions and roadmaps that ensure successful resource utilization for the new digital age. Organizations often fail when it comes to leveraging their internal talent with new and cutting edge capabilities. ETS&I has developed proven tools and methodologies to help engage the current workforce.
The Experienced Manager leads the project teams that deliver advisory services to clients. You are responsible for delivering the assigned projects on-time and on-budget, managing quality control, while maintaining (and building) client relationships. You will coach and develop junior staff and project team members in alignment with the ETSI practice strategy. As a member of the ETSI team, you will participate in solution set development, and collateral development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Maintains currency on the emerging technologies, processes and practices that need to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions solution set so that ETSI can respond to the needs of the CIO * Supports the mission and vision of the Advanced Technology & Digital Solutions practice to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset. * Leads Advanced Technology & Digital Solutions project teams in the assessment of external market and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning * Leads projects using design thinking and agile methodologies to develop POC and production ready solutions. * Develops use cases, derive insights and develop visualization from both structured and unstructured data elements. * Leads project teams to implement an innovation framework that aligns with corporate strategy. * Leads project teams to develop business models that support enterprise innovation initiatives. * Conducts fit-gap analysis and the development of advanced technology roadmaps. * Supports client teams through the development and implementation of models, methodology and metrics. * Maintain a good working relationship with clients and works effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services. * Leads project teams and ensures consistent delivery on schedule, on budget, within scope, in a manner that delivers the expected benefit and quality goals. * Work closely with Grant Thornton leadership to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues. * Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence. * Enhances the capabilities of the Enterprise Technology Strategy sub-practice by leveraging a multitude of resources, both internally and externally. * Provides expertise in at least two or more advanced technology service offerings (cloud applications, mobile, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, robotic process automation, virtual reality, etc.). Leverages that expertise to participate in webcasts, proposal writing, whitepapers, conference and/or other material development. * Motivates project team members to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered. * Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the project team members and staff. * Provide coaching and training on digital technologies and methodologies using design thinking and/or visual thinking techniques. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Data Science or STEM related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, i.e. digital agency, managing multi-million dollar projects, servicing cross-industry.
- Prior relevant consulting experience required.
- Hands-on experience with designing and developing for innovative technologies (e.g. cloud applications, mobile, social media, robotic process automation, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience integrating advanced or leading edge technologies with legacy technologies enterprise wide.
- Strong data analytics background with experience is developing use case, deep understanding of managing data and generating insights communicated through data.
- PMP or Agile scrum master a plus.
- Experience with Life Sciences, Financial Services, Healthcare, or Manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel 50-70%.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire their team.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge in innovative technologies (e.g. cloud applications, mobile, social media, robotic process automation, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Ability to identify and leverage resources internally and externally to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that drive the client and Grant Thornton business.
Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: ETSI Advanced Technology and Digital Solutions Manager
Requisition ID: 040470