Grant Thornton LLP Data Analytics Consultant in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Support Business Process; Research; and System Analysis relative to this e-Commerce assessment and development of a 5 Year Roadmap (i.e., future state CONOPS) * Support the Business Transformation, Strategy Formulation and Planning, and Training functional task areas. * Advise on methodologies utilizing their experience in supply chain, and will develop approaches for solutions to issues including technical guidance, process analysis and assessments, business strategy, procurement, change management, financial/cost management, business process improvement, organizational transformation, workforce planning, and other related areas. * Provide support to PM for all Program Management activities as required. * Lead planning, development, and execution of all project tasks/deliverables for e-Commerce Assessment and support Manager in finalizing project tasks/deliverables * Lead and/or support development of project plans, project analyses and reports, recommendations, implementation plans, among other project deliverables, ensuring product quality and on time delivery * Lead development of project PowerPoint for executive leadership * Provide support to PM for all Program Management activities as required. * Perform in depth analytical assessments * Engage and manage client relationships on a daily basis * Regularly facilitate client meetings; oversee meeting preparation/design and follow-up * Understand project needs propose approach/solutions * Support project management activities including development of project plans and schedules * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Experienced in overall project/program management
- Experienced in MS Office Suite / developing high-quality deliverables and work products
- Tableau experience preferred, data analytics experience preferred
- Experienced in business process analysis, recommendations development
- Experienced in client/relationship management
- Experienced in performance management and metrics development
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Analytics Consultant
Requisition ID: 042284