Grant Thornton LLP Data Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Advanced Digital Technology & Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Review and analyze Federal grant program information to assess tradeoffs between increased program costs and performance outcomes, without reducing program quality. Research related performance information to assess the relationship between cost and program results and outcomes. Support the development of cost management framework and models that will optimize increasingly limited program funds. * Essential duties and responsibilities include: * Support junior staff in reviewing available data sources and analyze the costs, effectiveness and risks associated with alternatives to determine the most appropriate course of project action. * Use quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to reduce unnecessary complexity, identify trends, themes, and inform recommendations. * Conduct data and statistical analyses. * Create clear, concise, professional contract deliverables. * Maintain good working relationships with partners and clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform related services. * Work independently and within a team setting to support team operations. * Prior experience with ACF is a plus. * Proficiency in Excel required. * Team leadership, budget and forecast support, and other responsibilities commensurate with senior associate expectations. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
- Data and statistical analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Title: Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 043256
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs