Grant Thornton LLP Dashboard and Data Subject Matter Expert in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * The reports developer should have experience designing and building MicroStrategy objects, reports, and dashboards. * Will facilitate access to reporting and data visualization to assist client in making data driven decisions for program management, resourcing, and budgetary purposes. * Provide analysis and visualization of data that will serve a wide range of customers, increase informed access, and improve decision making. * Facilitate the increased access to the BI environment to help customers and client develop their own reports to aid decision making. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Top Secret Clearance required.
- Candidate should have experience with MicroStrategy web as well as desktop.
- Experience with Visual Insight.
- BS - 2 years project experience as Microstrategy Reports Developer.
- Knowledge of the Microstrategy SDK.
- Expertise writing/reading Oracle SQL queries.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients.
- Ability to assist in gathering, consolidating and prioritizing client business requirements for various BI projects across the enterprise.
- Understanding of DataWarehousing- Desired
- Certified MicroStrategy report developer certification-Desired
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Dashboard and Data Subject Matter Expert
Requisition ID: 040043