Grant Thornton LLP Corporate Communications SME in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
* Work with diverse team and client to provide management interface and act as a lead communications officer.
* Create and implement strategic communications and understand the needs of the supporting HD Office
* Support the HD Office’s leadership communication needs by assisting in the development of a Strategic Communications Plan and by providing support to development of a variety of communications vehicles.
* Example capabilities include message ghost writing and editing, preparing the Managers Essential articles, responding to inquiries, crafting senior talking points, developing communication tool kits, and producing other communication vehicles to support the implementation of the HD Strategic Communications Plan.
* Provide the applicable HD office with expertise in stakeholder analysis and communication needs management. * Activities will include understanding the communication needs of the internal and external stakeholders, interfacing with segmented audiences, assessing the effectiveness of communication plans and products, and providing feedback to leadership.
* Provide presentation support to HD Office leadership. * Support includes working directly with the principal to understand message intent, developing targeted/tailored graphical concept and designs, and delivering presentation material in the form of power point presentations and other visual media. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials
- TS/SCI/CI Poly required
- BS Public Relations or Communication
- TS/SCI CI Poly
- At least 12 months demonstrated experienced updating web content and using electronic publishing applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop Illustrator or Adobe Pro ¿
- At least 12 months demonstrated experience using APA style writing and editing ¿
- At least 24 months demonstrated experience in communications strategy development
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Corporate Communications SME
Requisition ID: 041732