Grant Thornton LLP CCIIO Internal Controls Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Financial Management Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Oversees audit planning, field work and audit reporting. * Oversee junior staff planning, executing and directing the audit process for Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV). * Interface with the client on a day-to-day basis, manages and executes specific tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints. * Executes work in conformance with work standards, and coordinates work effort with involved parties to ensure problem resolution and client satisfaction. * Deliver presentations and leads clients meetings. * Independently perform a major segment of an audit, directing and instructing the work of less experienced team members. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Demonstrated experience related to the following: prepare reports, communicate findings and recommendations to CCIIO.
- Experience performing audit and compliance services mainly in relation to healthcare and alternative modeling.
- Experience in A-123, ERM, CMS, CCIIO, Healthcare Exchanges / Marketplace.
- Bachelor degree required.
- At least 5 years’ experience with internal controls, A-123, information systems.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare policies, value based payments, and larger healthcare quality strategy to reform how healthcare is delivered/paid for to provide better care and lower cost.
- Understanding of associated legislation - Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicare Access and CHIP Re-authorization Act (MACRA), etc.
- Understanding of alternative payment models and programs as well as Healthcare exchanges (federal marketplace, state based marketplaces, etc.) is required.
- Understanding of compliance requirements for alternative models and have a background in performing compliance assessments and reports.
- Understanding of FFMIA, FMFIA, A-123, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of Information Assurance and cybersecurity, as well as, CMS IT Security requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: CCIIO Internal Controls Manager
Requisition ID: 039124