Grant Thornton LLP Business Development Executive in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Experienced Manager, Senior Manager or Director to join its Alexandria based Civilian Strategic Business Unit and take a lead role in selling Grant Thornton's services across specific Civilian agencies.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
This is a management level position reporting directly to the Civilian Principals and Managing Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Develop a robust pipeline and lead capture and proposal activities on multiple concurrent opportunities. * Lead business development activities such as capture, teaming, proposals, whitepapers, conferences, etc.
- Eight (8) or more years selling and/or delivering consulting services in the Civilian federal government space. Specifically, preference will be given to experience selling in any or all of the following Civilian Agencies:
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD, Ginnie Mae, FHA)
- US Treasury and its Bureaus
- Internal Revenue Services (IRS)
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
- Federal Financial Regulatory Agencies (FDIC, BCFP, OCC)
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Advisory Services may include:
- Performance Transformation – strategic planning, organizational design, process transformation, performance management, budgeting and cost management, etc.
- Financial Management – financial operations and governance, risk, and compliance
- Decision Analytics – providing advanced analytics and tools to solve specific business problems
- Information Technology – IT Strategy and architecture, IT program management, data management and business intelligence, system sustainment, and Cyber
- Proven track record of leading capture and winning work
- An established strong network within the civilian agencies
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Business Development Executive
Requisition ID: 040755