Grant Thornton LLP Army Organizational Transformation Consultant in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Conduct an organizational assessment, design, alignment, and transformation of Army component and associated directorates. * Conduct Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) capability gap assessment and develop DOTMLPF-P Change Recommendations (DCR). * Serve as a recognized expert for designing, developing, and adapting organizational functional requirements within the DoD. * Lead working group sessions with client and DoD/Army stakeholders. * Lead the development of strategic goals, objectives and process improvements at the joint enterprise level. * Research and update doctrine, training, education, manpower/personnel acquisition and identify required capabilities and capability gaps, and recommend resolutions to DoD/Army leadership. * Lead development of work products and deliverables; strategic and campaign plans, strategic communications, force management and human capital enhancements, surveys and assessments, program analysis and evaluation. * Evaluate and provide recommendations and monitor implementation of concepts, plans, policies, and activities. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- 10 years in federal business consulting and/or service in the DoD (required).
- Masters or Graduate degree (required).
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred).
- Secret DoD Security Clearance (required).
- Proven experience and exceptional performance in challenging leadership positions (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Army Organizational Transformation Consultant
Requisition ID: 043244
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs