Grant Thornton LLP Agile Coach in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Enterprise Technology Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Individual will lead a team of Agile Business Analysts who will be assisting in the operations of our Product Owner coaches. * The role will require an understanding of the Agile process, the role of an Agile Product Owner and the technical requirements of Features and user stories. * Individual will be responsible for leading Product Owner and Product Owner teams to effectively apply and improve upon Agile practices. * Individual will be responsible for teaching and coaching all core roles as defined by the Scrum Body of Knowledge, facilitating the process and meetings, maintain artifacts, and assisting the Product Owner. * Must be an experienced Agile/Scrum practitioner. * Individual will be responsible for facilitating the client product owners to achieve the following objectives: * Ensure common understanding of product/project charter. * Improve backlog management and release planning rigor. * Disaggregate well-written feature into constituent user stories. * Provide release plans that offer realistic means of achieving commitments. * Secure development team commitments and accountability for release plans. * Responsible for Customer Experience Feedback and Voice of the Customer. * Responsible for Release Planning and Feature Roadmapping * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Experience with USDA and / or VA organizations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Should have an in-depth understanding of the practice and principals of Agile/Scrum and have hands-on, in-depth, real-world experience in each of the Scrum core team roles, and extensive experience with Product Owner teams.
- Advisory and consultancy skills.
- SAFe Certified.
- Experience working with Scaled Agile teams is preferred.
- Experience working with an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool. (Rally, JIRA, VersionOne, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working with data analytics, statistical modeling, and trend analysis.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools preferred.
- Experience writing and working with product requirements, features, and user stories preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to work with direction as well as to work independently, to find and discover issues and to solve problems with limited guidance in a fast paced, highly visible environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Agile Coach
Requisition ID: 042321